1. Be 15 years and 9 months old to enroll in Drivers Education
2. Successfully complete 30 hours of classroom instruction
(this does include homework that is required to be considered successful)
3. Successfully complete 10 hours of practice driving with drivers education instructor.
4. Successfully complete 6 hours of back seat observation with drivers education instructor and other students
5. Demonstrate a responsible attitude in class and in car.
6. See State Law for more in depth detail
1. Fill out application and submit it on line
2. Have students original birth certificate and any name change documentation
3. Drive with your children starting at 15 1/2. ( three months prior to drivers education enrollment.) A minimum of 40 hours , 10 must be night hours must be completed prior to being issued a license. These must be logged on state form DSMV509